Happy Valentine’s Day!
Today is the designated day to show love, but the reality is.. EVERY DAY is a great day to show love. Especially to yourself! I wanted to dedicate a post to self-care because the reality is that you cannot really love others, until you love yourself! ❤ Although today is Valentine’s Day, I challenge you to show YOURSELF some love today AND through the end of the month by completing at least 3 of the activities below! You have 2 weeks girl, you can do this! Post them on Instagram and tag me! I would love to see you take this challenge to take care of yourself!
- Workout! But don’t do a workout you half-like. Do something you LOVE! Dance, go for a long run, lift heavy weights, take a yoga class.. Heck! Try a new pole dancing class.. Get out there, and move your body doing something YOU LOVE!
- Wine and mask – Take some time aside in your day to drink some wine while your mask is on. Sheet masks are so easily available and affordable that this can be an easy one. If you rather drink sparkling water or kombucha in a wine glass, do that instead!
- Take a nap! Sleep is SO important to living your best life. Set some time aside on your day off to take a nap when you need it.. It’s life changing!
- Tell someone you love them. Yes, TELL, not text. Not just anyone.. Someone in your life that you haven’t told in a long time! Maybe it’s your brother, your aunt, your friend, your parents or even your significant other. Saying the words “I love you” are so powerful both for you and them.
- Journal – Take some time aside for journaling. How are you feeling? What are you grateful for? What things are making you happy right now? What are some goals you are crushing and want to recognize yourself for?
- Put on lipstick! Yaaaass girl! Lipstick is SO empowering. It gets so many of us out of our comfort zone but it is such a great way to make yourself stand out and show a little more boldness than your usual self. Wear it and rock it with confidence!
- Dress up! I don’t mean in your prom dress.. But take one night, or even day, to put a little more into your outfit for the day. Maybe wear wedges vs flats, wear a dress instead of pants, actually do your hair vs putting it up, or even just add some accessories to your outfit.
- Take a bath – set some time side for yourself and get in the bathtub. Get a bath bomb to make it a little more fun, or just hang out in the bath with a candle and chill.
- Get your nails did! Go to the nail shop to get a mani, pedi or if you prefer, paint your own nails and rock a fresh new color!
- Post a selfie! You are GORG! Show off that beauty and confidence with a selfie on social media. EXTRA CREDIT: Write one reason you love yourself in that post. It can be anything from having a healthy body, to having a great hair day. Show yourself some love publically.
I hope to see you tagging me in your posts and using the rest of February (including today) to love yourself!
One Reply to “Valentine’s Day Self-Love Challenge”
I want to do ALL of the things! Thank you for sharing ♥♥