On today’s blog post I wanted to share some of my favorite carry-ons when I travel because getting there is half the fun, right! I am not big on buying Wifi on the plane unless I have to, so I choose to plan ahead and prep some things in advance. I try to use my time on the plane to slow down and do some of my favorite things that I don’t always have time to do, so it adds more excitement, enjoyment and relaxation when traveling.
Here are a few things I take for entertainment:
- Music – I download all my favorite songs on my phone so that I can listen to them.
- Podcasts – I also download a couple podcasts so that I can listen to them while I am on the plane. I tend to pick longer ones, or ones that I have been wanting to go back to and take detailed notes on because there was so much great content.
- Book or Audiobook – Depending what I am reading at the time, I will take my book with me.
- Headphones – I like traveling with the big headphones like Beats in order to cancel out all the noise around me and just focus on what I am listening to.
- Journal and pen – I like to take notes on my Podcasts, or just journal in general and take time to really check in with how I am feeling.
- Coloring book and color pencils – I love to color and think it is so relaxing. I will color on the plane while listening to any of the above.
- Plane pillow – We all need naps, so of course I pack this!
I also take a few things for personal hygiene because I have been stuck in unexpected travel conditions where I don’t have access to my bags, so I now pack an emergency hygiene kit in my carry-on of:
- Toothbrush & toothpaste – After traveling for over 6 hours your mouth starts feeling a little weird, so take it with you! Of course check the travel regulations on the size that you can take as a carry-on.
- Deodorant – A given!
- Undies – If your flight is over 10 hours and you have access to airport lounges, you may want to freshen up!
- Lotion – Both for your body and face. I really enjoy this moisturizer. Your skin gets so dry, so make sure to take care of it.
- Facial wipes – Another thing to ensure that your face is taken care of because being in planes for extended periods of time can be uncomfortable.
- Lysol wipes – Just in case your seat tray is dirty or anything else is on your trip needs a little extra sanitation.
What are some things you take with you as carry-ons to help make your trip more fun and/or more comfortable?
2 Replies to “Carry-on Essentials”
I love this! ♥ makes me excited for my next trip. I need to try the coloring books, I’ve heard those are a dream! and I love the journaling idea!