Can you believe another year passed by?! SO crazy! I feel like the older I get, the faster the time passes by. This year was a great one and I got to experience some pretty awesome things, including turning 29 a couple weeks ago… EEK! I am officially in the final year of my 20’s.
A few of my favorite 2018 events and things that I will be talking more about in my blog are:
- Traveling and Adventuring: I absolutely LOVE to travel, try new experiences and see new places. We visited Guadalajara, Mexico, went on a cruise to San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. John, Virgin Islands, Nassau, Bahamas, Amber Cove, DR and we went to Cabo, Mexico. We tried Snuba for the first time which was pretty awesome! We also got to experience Splash House for the first time which was a pleasant surprise. I went on a river boat and tried wakeboarding for the first time. I was initially scared of it since I hurt myself snowboarding in the past, but this was a different experience and it was such a rush!
- Practiced self-care: I set a goal to do something every week that made me happy and it changed the way I went about planning my week. Every week I would ask myself: “Am I doing something for myself that will make ME happy?” It could be anything from buying myself my favorite coffee, sleeping in, waking up early to complete my morning routine, taking a dance class, exercising outdoors or even putting on a face mask and reading. This question fundamentally changed my year to bring me more happiness and fulfillment.
- Completed my first triathlon sprint: This was a goal that I was really excited about since I retired from half marathons in 2017. Completing this race gave me a challenge that I needed to push myself and prove that I am a versatile athlete. The entire year I focused on how to become a stronger version of myself which added up to a successful race. This goal has now pushed me to do more races and hopefully place in the top 10 in my age group in 2019.
- Spent quality time with my loved ones: I am the eldest of 7, am married and have an amazing group of friends. This year I was committed to being more thoughtful. Whenever I hung out with my loved ones, I made sure I was present and there when they needed me most. These experiences brought me so much fulfillment and happiness and I am committed to continue to be present when I am with my family.
- Hit my 5 year marriage anniversary: This is a HUGE one! Being married to my high school sweetheart and best friend has been one of my biggest blessings. We continue to grow together as a couple and as individuals. Our anniversary this year makes me so proud of who we’ve both become and the achievements we have accomplished together.
- Expanded my team at work: I am fortunate to have grown my team at work which has made me an even stronger professional. I continue to work on myself to be a stronger professional, trainer and leader.
What were your highlights of 2018? How are you going to use those memories and lessons to fuel your fire in 2019?