Hey party people!!!
It is officially Coachella week and I hope you are ready to make it your best Coachella ever!! If this is your first time attending, get ready to have an epic time! I am going weekend 2 and getting super pumped for it! My favorite part about camping is the fact that you are already at the festival. You can spend your time at your campsite hanging out with your friends, make new friends and have your personal items accessible to you before, during and after the festival. However, there is of course the downside of waiting in line to use the showers, porta-potties and the heat waking you up really early in the morning. Don’t let the downsides discourage you or kill your fun too much because the pluses for sure outweigh the minuses!
My friends and I are meeting this weekend to plan all of the logistics of our campsite because yes, we are hardcore and want to make sure we are prepared! We like to get together to talk about who is bringing what and we also discuss the menu for the weekend so that we can agree and have 1 person shop, then the others just pay them. We used to have everyone bring their own food, but this wasted so much food and money. Costco is for sure the way to go! If you are also camping and want a checklist to ensure that you have all of the things to ensure a successful campsite, here is a little Coachella camping checklist that will help you keep your campsite fun and functional!
For your campsite
- Portable Shower – if you prefer to have your own “tent” shower, you can. Just buy the water bags to add into the shower and make sure that you take down the tent before going inside because it can blow over with the heavy winds.
- Inflatable Mattress + Pump
- Cooler – At least two. You should have one for your drinks and another for your food
- Solo cups
- Cooking utensils
- Cooking Tupperware to put food that you are cooking/raw food
- Grill/camping stove
- Propane – If you are taking a little stove, make sure it is propane based, as you cannot take anything that will require fire.
- Tent locks
- Plastic containers/buckets to store all the food so they aren’t flying everywhere
- First aid kit
- Lysol wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Lanterns / a Bulb on an extension cord for light
- Battery power converter – This is HUGE for us to have light and charge phones throughout the day
- Scissors / Pocket knife
- Trash bags
- Battery powered individual fan
- Toilet paper
- A unique identifier for your campsite – usually a flag or some type of lawn decor. There are SO many campsites, it is easy to lose yours.
Easy menu ideas:
- Hot Dogs
- Ham and cheese Sandwich
- peanut butter & Jelly Sandwich
- Egg burritos
- Pre-cut fruit
- Salads – Fruit salad, green salad
- Trail mix
- Water – PRO Tip: take a flask that will keep your water cool. Also take some liquid IV so that you can add it into your water.
- Clamato – If you want a nice little drink to bring you to life the next day, make a michelada! YUM!
- Redbull / your preferred energy drink to keep you going
- Speaker – take several!
- Portable charger, preferably a solar-powered one
- Water guns
- Glow stick ring toss
Remember that this campsite is your home for 4 days! Make it fun, comfy and somewhere that you will feel happy. Some fun decorations never hurt! 😉
I wish you the best coachella ever!!!